9. WBN Use of Communication Systems Policy and Procedure
Work Better Now and your Client use various forms of electronic communication including e-mail, telephones, etc. All electronic communications, including all software, databases, hardware, and digital files, remain the sole property of Work Better Now or your Client and are to be used only for Company business and not for any personal use.
Electronic communication and media may not be used in any manner that would be discriminatory, harassing, or obscene, or for any other purpose that is illegal, against Company policy, or not in the best interest of the Company. Examples of violations of communication systems include, but are not limited to:
- Solicitation for commercial ventures, religious or political causes, outside organizations, or other non-job-related solicitations.
- Offensive or disruptive messages, including messages which contain sexual implications, racial slurs, gender-specific comments, or any other comments that offensively address someone’s age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, national origin, or disability.
- Unwelcome propositions or romantic communications.
- Messages that disparage anyone or any entity, including but not limited to the WBN, WBN VAs, customers, vendors or their WBN VA.
- In addition, the electronic mail system shall not be used to send (upload) or receive (download) copyrighted materials, trade secrets, proprietary financial information, or similar materials without prior authorization.
- Messages that include defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, discrimination, harassment, or related actions.
- Installing personal software on Company computer systems.
- The Client will override all personal passwords if necessary for any reason.
- The Client reserves the right to access and review electronic files, messages, mail, and other digital archives and to monitor the use of electronic communications to ensure that no misuse or violation of Company policy or any law occurs.
- No WBN VA may install or use anonymous email transmission programs or encryption of email communications, except as specifically authorized by the Company.
- WBN VAs shall not read, open, or download any files from the Internet without first screening the file for viruses using the Company’s virus detection software.
- WBN VAs who use devices on which information may be received and/or stored, including but not limited to cell phones, cordless phones, portable computers, cameras and/or video recorders and voice mail communications are required to use these methods in strict compliance with WBN Confidentiality Policy. These communication tools should not be used for communicating confidential or sensitive information or any trade secrets.
- Any information about the WBN or your Client, its products or services, or other types of information that will appear in the electronic media about WBN or your client must be approved by the appropriate representative or executive of WBN or your client before the information is placed on electronic information that is accessible to others.
- Passwords must be made known to the company.
- Personal use of the systems which interfere with WBN VA’s work performance will not be tolerated. • WBN VAs may not conduct personal business or business for another employer during their scheduled working hours. The telephone equipment is provided for use in conducting business for Work Better Now. Therefore, we ask your cooperation in limiting outgoing or incoming personal calls to an absolute minimum. Personal calls of short duration, i.e., two to three minutes, may be received and made at your desk or workstation. No long-distance calls will be allowed unless prior permission to make such a call is received from a Success Coach, and the necessity is apparent, e.g., an emergency.
Any WBN Vas/WBN Staff who violates these policies and procedures can be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
9.1 Personal Blogs & Online Posts
Work Better Now recognizes that some of our WBN Vas/WBN Staff may post personal information on the Internet through personal websites, blogs, or chat rooms, by uploading content, or by making comments on other websites or blogs. We value your creativity and honor your interest in engaging in these forms of personal expression on your own time. However, problems can arise when a personal posting identifies or appears to be associated with Work better Now or your client, or when a personal posting is used in ways that violate the WBN rights, your client’s rights or the rights of other WBN VAs.
9.2 No Posting Using Company Resources
You may not use Work Better Now or your client resources to create or maintain a personal blog or a personal website, or to upload content or make personal postings online, nor may you do so on during your working hours.
9.3 Guidelines for Online Posting
- You are legally responsible for content you post to the Internet, in a blog or otherwise. You can be held personally liable for defaming others, revealing trade secrets or proprietary information, and copyright infringement, among other things.
- You may not use personal postings to harass or threaten other WBN VAs or reveal Company trade secrets or confidential information. Embarrassing or unkind comments about other WBN VAs, customers, clients, or competitors are also inappropriate.
- If, in the process of making a personal post or upload on the Internet, you identify yourself as a WBN VA of Work Better Now, whether by explicit statement or by implication, you must clearly state that the views expressed in your post, or at your blog or website, are your own, and do not reflect the views of Work Better Now.
- You may not make unauthorized use of Work Better Now trademarks, logos, or other images, nor may you make false or misleading statements about Work better Now’s philosophy, products, services, opinions, or affiliations with other companies.
Please keep in mind that your personal postings will be read not only by your friends and family, but possibly by your coworkers and management team, as well as Work Better Now’s clients and competitors. Even if you post anonymously or under a pseudonym, your identity can be discovered relatively easily. Please use your common sense when deciding what to include in a post or comment. Don’t say something that you wouldn’t want these people to read.