Whether you are a business owner that is driving towards world domination (e.g., 15+% year-over-year growth) or a “lifestyle” owner who runs a business to support the way you want to live, getting the most out of your day is a key to driving your success. To that end, time management is a struggle for all the business owners that I know, especially in a world full of distractions.
Here are 5 amazing articles on time management. In putting this list together, we sought articles that covered the basics as well as those from top thought leaders on thinking outside of the box. Do yourself a favor and put aside a few minutes to get some ideas that you can put into action in your effort to up your game and your results.
Note that these articles are in order from basic to advanced.
- 5 Remarkably Easy Time Management Tips – This short post covers the basics and is the starting point for most people. I consider each of the 5 tips mentioned here mandatory.
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: 21 Time Management Tips to Hack Productivity – This easily-digestible post goes beyond the basics with tips such as (#7) “turn key tasks into habits” and (#10) “leave a buffer-time between tasks”, which I have found to be extremely helpful.
- 10 Tips for Mastering Time Management at Work – While there is a little overlap with the aforementioned articles, this post is worth reading for detail in (#3) “prioritize wisely” and the frankness of (#8) “learn to say no”.
- USE RPM, CHUNKING AND N.E.T. TIME TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS – As this article goes well beyond tips, it isn’t the easiest read. However, the part of this post from life-coach-to-the-rich-and-famous Tony Robbins gets you thinking about the outcomes you want to achieve as a precursor to how you spend your time. Priceless (and timeless).
- The Importance Of Time For Entrepreneurs– I would be remiss if I didn’t include my Forbes post which lists five areas in which time plays a major role in the degree of success for business owners.
Sure, it will take a few minutes to read through these articles. But if you can take away 2-3 ideas that help you increase your time effectiveness by just 10%, you set your success on an exponentially better trajectory.
Work Better Now provides full-time, dedicated virtual assistants for $1,750 per month. Schedule a 15-minute consultation to find out what a Work Better Now virtual assistant can do for you.